The United Nations is looking for a qualified Statistics Assistant to join the team and work in its offices in Vienna, Austria for 2020.
- Assist in data collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination.
- Assemble original statistical material; adjust reported data from different sources and load data into computerized database system. Maintain and update records of data received and update documentation using information sent by Governments.
- Generate simple graphs, tables and statistical maps to facilitate further review and analysis of data by users, for presentations, reports and official publications, such as the Section’s working papers, the INCB annual reports on precursors, input to operational activities targeting precursors, or reference material for Governments.
- Participate in the review and compilation of background materials, e.g. previous survey material and results.
- Assist in the evaluation and examination of data sets for comprehensiveness, accuracy, clarity and validity; liaise with government officials in data collection and verification.
- Compile and update statistical series in established formats. Apply new data and derived statistics, enter data on survey reports, and provide information for publication.
- Assist in the maintenance and further development of relevant computerized databases and electronic communication tools.
- Assist in liaising with United Nations system organizations, other relevant international and regional organizations and Governments to obtain necessary statistical and other relevant information.
- Prepare data sets upon request; respond to internal/external queries/requests and maintain/update statistical data on web pages.
- Assist in the review and updating of reporting forms; and prepare, maintain and update files (electronic and paper) and internal databases.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
Planning and organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be « clients » and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in statistics or in collecting and researching data across various areas of social and economic development, preferably in drug control, is required.
- Experience in the use of electronic reporting, data base and communication tools is required.
- Familiarity/experience with precursors control matters is desirable.
- Familiarity/practical experience with an ERP system, and experience in SAP/Umoja, including Grants and Project Management, is desirable.
- Experience in the use of chemical terminology is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic, Chinese and/or Russian, is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is desirable.
About the United Nations:
The United Nations (UN), was established in 1945, is an intergovernmental organization responsible for maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations, achieving international cooperation, and being a center for harmonizing the actions of nations. It is the largest, most familiar, most internationally represented and most powerful intergovernmental organization in the world.
See more available opportunities for travel abroad on Mina7
See more available online courses on Mina7
Découvrez des opportunités en Autriche
N’oubliez pas de mentionner mina7 lors de votre candidature.